|mitzi abbott (ghoulz) wrote,|
@ 2018-02-08 22:43:00
Curiosity killed the cat; satisfaction brought it back. If ever a wizard exhibited a danger of self destruction from too much knowledge, surely it was a Ravenclaw Scorpio. It doesn't matter whether the pet obsession this week is botany, Muggle pop music, or the history of the Necronomicon, if a Ravenclaw Scorpio wants to know about it, then he will, and damn the consequences: full speed ahead. Indeed, just mention that a subject is "forbidden" and you'll see a peculiar light shine in their eyes. They sneak into locked rooms after dark, and forge passes to the restricted library sections. The lust for arcane knowledge is both the greatest strength of these wizards, and the Achilles heel. It's best to indulge them whenever possible and let the obsession burn itself out; and, when this is not possible, to explain in great detail and absolutely *no* patronizing why the subject must not be explored. These Ravenclaws are quiet and secretive, but don't be fooled by that calm and placid exterior; they have hidden depths.BLOOD STATUS: Halfblood and salty about it.
• Honeydukes shopgirl, autumn and winter of '12
• Morgue attendant '13-'16
• Healer trainee '14-'16
ALOYSIUS ABBOTT Father (maybe), pureblood, healer
LIESEL APOLLINARIYA Mother, halfblood, healer, deceased :(
RACHEL ABBOTT Stepmother, muggleborn, deceased :)
HANNAH ABBOTT Half-sister, halfblood, Hufflepuff '18
WINTHROP ABBOTT Uncle (maybe), pureblood, funeral director, #therealMVP
• Before Mitzi was born, her mother Liesel was romantically involved with both Abbott brothers. Liesel claimed that Aloysius was the father, but never actually did a paternity test; she just loved Aloysius more. Of course, Mitzi knows about none of this. It's a family secret that her parents' generation of adults know about but no one else.
• Mitzi's mother died when she was six, and her father moved on almost immediately. Up until then, her childhood had been normal, almost idyllic. But losing a mother and gaining a pregnant step mother in the span of four months would have adverse effects on anyone, let alone a six year old, and Mitzi was no exception. Aloysius put his daughter in counseling and in the process of learning how to grieve, Mitzi became obsessed with death. It was gauche for a child to be so existential, so Aloysius encouraged Mitzi to bottle up all the weird things that went through her brain.
• At the time, she resented her father for making her feel so odd, but she grew to appreciate his efforts to make her normal so she could be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Mitzi didn't hate Rachel or her baby half-sister Hannah. She kind of liked Rachel, and Hannah was okay. For a baby. Everyone thought Mitzi had adjusted well, but there was something treacherous lurking in her that wouldn't come to fruition for years.
• Mitzi was the first and only Abbott in her immediate family to not be a Hufflepuff, and she found that Ravenclaw suited her just fine. She missed most of the Harry Potter shenanigans (thank Merlin, what a snoozefest) but found ~The Chosen One~ distasteful nevertheless. She often spent time with her favourite uncle Winthrop, who was a purist -- in secret, of course, because the Abbotts were supposed to be so good -- but it wasn't him who made her become one. He instilled many of his quirks and general weirdness in the young lady, but she decided purism was for her all on her own in Hogwarts.
• She never knew that being a halfblood was a shameful thing until the purists at school pointed out how sad it was that the Abbott bloodline was becoming diluted. She never blamed her mother for being a halfblood, but did blame her father for not being more selective in who he bred with. I mean, after partnering with her haflblood mother, he went and married a mudblood (a word she learned quickly but never used -- in public).
• Mitzi began to crave control. Not only that, but she wanted to force people to respect her, regardless of her blood status. Thus began her crusade to become Prefect, which happened because of course it did -- she was very machiavellian. She was known for being unyielding and a real nerd for rules, despite not actually caring about the rules themselves. She just wanted power. When she became Head Girl, she felt a rare jolt of joy and was even more steadfast in being unrelenting.
• Her father had been prodding Mitzi to pursue a career in Healing since her fourth year, and she made him a very happy man when she finally announced she was going to be a Healer. But first, she informed him, she'd take a year off. This didn't sit well with Aloysius, though he eventually relented given her compromise to at least get some job before she started training.
• She was at Honeydukes for a while before starting a job as a morgue attendant at St. Mungo's, and fooled around for much longer than her father liked, prompting her to move out on her own. Around this time, her uncle revealed his Death Eater status and Mitzi begged for him to put in a good word for her. He countered that she needed to actually be an asset to them, and so he'd teach her dark magic -- as if she hadn't been studying it in secret for years. After a while, she decided it was time for her to actually start her training because every organization needs its Healers. A year into her Healer training, she was finally recruited.
• Rachel had become very outspoken against Death Eaters as Mitzi and Hannah got older, to the point that she was being seen as much more than just a thorn in their side. In 2016, the Powers That Be decided that the rest of the Abbott family needed to be sent a very pointed message -- that mudbloods were not allowed in their Sacred bloodlines -- and Mitzi requested to handle her mouthy stepmother herself. She approached Rachel sans mask and bound and silenced her before sitting her down, explaining very calmly what was going on. She told Rachel that it was nothing personal and that she'd look out for Hannah before using the killing curse on the woman who helped raised her without so much as batting an eye.
• Since then Mitzi has enjoyed living the double life of murderess by night (or whenever it calls), and #basic Healer by day. The war's only just started getting fun, in her opinion.
OBSESSIVE When Mitzi likes something, she really likes it. Or them. She's definitely been secret admirer to more than four but less than twelve people. She becomes ludicrously and intensely focused on things, people, and opinions, and yes, she will die on that hill. Her main obsessions, however, are knowledge, dark magic, and the weirdly wondrous ways bodies can die -- or not die! That's fun too. Other obsessions include: feng shui, crystals, taxidermic animals (particularly birds), Vine, golden spirals, ASMR, beer pong, collecting Funko Pop figurines, Sailor Moon, anything fuzzy and/or pink but preferably both, and fire.
INDIFFERENT To most things, the obvious exceptions being her obsessions. She's really good at pretending like she cares, but she's pretty much dead inside. Not in like, a dramatic emo way, but god, she does not care. The only thing she really cares about is seeming emotionally normcore so that nobody suspects her of any of the ghoulish shit she does in her spare time.
CONTROLLING Everything has to be just so. This is why she wanted so badly to be prefect and head girl, and got them both -- because even though she doesn't give one single care about the rules, she will enforce them if it means she gets to be in charge, and boy did she rule Hogwarts with an iron fist.
CREATIVE One might think someone as obsessive and controlling as Mitzi would be stifled, at the very least, but she loves to let creativity flow through her and into the world. She paints! She writes sonnets! She plans murder scenes so beautiful they bring a tear to your eye!
MORBID She learned about death at a young age when her mother died, and in the process of learning to grieve and ultimately accept death, she became a bit obsessed with the topic. It's not just death, but the macabre in general; unsettling injuries and sickening diseases, ghosts and their haunts. You know, the usual.
CURIOUS She just wants to know things. She loves to set fires to this day, but went through her peak pyromania stage as a teenager because she just wanted to know what happened to things when they burned. Her curiosity isn't just limited to books or fires; she also loves gossip and is a pro at eavesdropping. You're welcome, Dark Lord, for yet another asset brought to the cause.
AMORAL One might say she has a very twisted moral compass -- for example, demanding to be the one to kill her stepmother when it was time because family -- but sis really has no morals. Yeah, she knows about right and wrong but she doesn't care. It's all arbitrary.
PERFORMATIVE Mitzi is always putting on an act. She has to be normal -- basic, even -- to blend in, but the moment you turn away her smile drops and the light in her eyes disappears. She likes to think that if being a Death Eater wasn't her true calling, she'd have made a fantastic actress.
• Wildly self-loathing over being a halfblood, but she loves her mum anyway.
• Obsessed with having a pureblood's kid.
• Wand: pine, unicorn hair, 9 inches, supple.